Saturday, September 29, 2012

It's been over a year since my last post.  I actually did virtually nothing over the winter of 2011/12 other than collect parts.  The original seat pan was so badly rusted, that I bought a new one on eBay for about $80.  It had surface rust, but was structurally sound.

I also purchased a new set of OEM 16" rims, a new round tank and tool boxes, shocks, and a sprung seat frame for about $225 delivered.  I would call it a C- investment for a variety of reasons, but specifically the 16" rim was suppose to be 17" and the 16" rim had a bad flat spot that I was not able to remove entirely - disappointing.  I disassembled the wheels, then sanded and polished he rims.  I feel like I correctly built the rim, so that was good, even thought the bike needs the 17's.

I purchased a new muffler and header pipe from Classic Ducati in the U.K during the summer of '12.  I just purchased new chrome spokes from Thailand, and am going to purchase new D.I.D. rims from Japan in one week.  Finally, I will shod the rims with Michelin M62 rubber.

My goal is to do the motor this winter.  Hopefully, I will update more frequently.  In between, life, work and the 911, time has been in short supply..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home