Friday, July 8, 2011

Title Search Results

A letter from the DMV was waiting for me when I got home yesterday.  Oh please have the name of the former owner - a nice older gentleman  - that will be happy to help me get the title transferred.  No such luck.

Dear Customer,

..."We are no able to provide this information because the record you requested, as indicated below, does not exist in our files."

So now what?  I have two choices.  One would be to use an out of state titling agency, but they require the bike be inspected and you can get it inspected in PA without a registration, which you can't get without a title.  Maybe I only have one choice.  I have to file an Involuntary Transfer of Title by Court Order.  Yes, I am going to need a n attorney to at least direct me.  Hopefully nothing more.  This is why people say don't by a bike without a title, but bikes with titles are worth more money so hopefully it's just the hassle of getting it.  Now I need to find an attorney that won't rake me over the coals - miracles do happen.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home