Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I finally found one.

One of my lunchtime craigslist search revealed a Ducati Monza Jr about 30 minutes from my house.  Awesome. Considering I was trolling craigslist for every major metro area in a two hundred mile radius, 30 minutes was my backyard.

The ad was descriptive and had an "OK" photo, certainly enough to peak my interest.  I immediately e-mailed the seller, but he wasn't very forthcoming with information.  He indicated to me later that he gets a flurry of interest as soon as the post, but people just disappear.  I chased this guy for close to two months before I got a chance to see the bike.  Here is a photo from the ad.



The bike was very complete, the motor spun freely and only 1042 miles were showing on the odometer.  The tires even seem to be original.

Well, it took about ten minutes before I knew I wanted the bike.  It was only $1,200 and I knew the value of the bike, this was a very low risk purchase.  Plus, who knew how long it would be before the next 60's Ducati single that was complete but not restored would come available in the Pittsburgh market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home